Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Families Advocating for Voices of Resilience, Inc.


How to Become a Peer Support


Parent Certified Peer Specialist

Candidates must be the parent or legal guardian of a child or adult living with a mental

illness, substance use and/or co-occurring diagnosis a mental health condition must be the

primary diagnosis.

 Provide a short paragraph of your lived experience making sure you address these areas:

1. Raising a child who has a Serious Emotional Disorder (SED), substance use disorder

(SUD) or Co-Occurring Disorder

 (This excludes youth with autism spectrum disorder,

unless there is also a co-occurring SED, SUD diagnosis)

2. Experience navigating & accessing complex public health & child service systems

3. An attestation that you are serving in a parental role as either:

1) The biological parent and caregiver for a child living with a SED, SUD or co-occurring


2) The legal and permanent guardian for a child living with an SED, SUD or co-occurring

diagnosis for a least 2 years (please provide documentation). * This excludes foster



Youth Certified Peer Specialist 

Is an individual who is a

young adult, ages 18 through age 26, with lived experience living with a

mental health or substance use condition or both and who has received

behavioral health services as a youth and is willing and able to self-identify

as a person living with a behavioral health condition and is prepared to use

that experience in helping other youth and young adults living with similar

behavioral health conditions

The Youth CPS-Y offers emotional support, shares knowledge, and works

with individuals to identify meaningful connections and tools that

contribute to wellness/resiliency/recovery.

Enrollees must meet the lived experience expectations below:

• Be 18-26 years of age (provide a copy of a valid Georgia ID); and

• Have a mental health (MH) condition, substance use disorder

(SUD), or a co-occurring diagnosis; and a strong desire to

identify themselves as a person living with a mental illness or

substance use diagnosis; and

• Be able/willing to actively seek and manage your own

appropriate care; and

• Be able to share their own personal story in a safe and

appropriate way; and

• Must be well grounded in recovery wellness; and

• One year between diagnosis and application to training; and/or

• If the individual has a substance use condition, there must be

one year continuous abstinent from substance use; and

• Have a high school diploma or GED; provide a copy of these

documents; and

• Provide (2) letters of reference This cannot be a family member

(Please include contact information)

(Please email your information [email protected] and put in subject CPS-P or CPS-Y)